a collection of random ramblings, misplaced thoughts and uncategorised words inspired by life, human emotions, sunday afternoons and everything in between.

incidentally

we read words that tell us what to do, why not write those words ourselves?

My temporary fix

Tonight as I lay peacefully amidst the showering rain,
Almost taken aback by the wondrous creation’s breeze,
I think of the numerous memoirs I have etched,
Filling and storing my once vacant head space,
Some moments felt like they were gonna last forever,
But I’m not naïve to know that nothing lasts forever.


Tonight as I lay by the glistening rain,
Wondering if this one will turn into a storm,
But if even so believing it would eventually lead to the good feel of after-rain,
For they did not lie about the calm after the storm,
Then a thundering sensation sweeps me off my couch at my realization,
Thus I could not lie still any longer, and stood up from my slumber.


Amused at discovering that tonigt when I lay listening to the pouring rain,
My rain was really the water gushing through the massive drain outside,
Drain or rain, oh well, provided me with the fix that I needed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!
I like the way you mentioned rain or drain - at the last part..it so summed up the whole thing. I didnt know you were that deep ! :)

very nice babe. luv.

azle3 said...

you put me in a mood to just stand out in the rain and absorb it all :)

Anonymous said...

i love this..u rawk..(tks for the new spelling)...i love love love this...i did not know u were this good..maybe coz we dont hang out more..well we should..tata...

xoxo
cYiArA...